Leather Skirt With a Leather Jacket: What makes the unconventional leather on leather pairing so vogue
Leather skirts and a leather jacket as two individual entities have become an icon of glamourization and style. Both these apparel have found a permanent place in every individual’s wardrobe due to their versatility and vast styling techniques that could be assimilated with the signature style of anyone without having to compromise the originality of it. After all, when something comes with the promise of adaptability, it molds into every style seamlessly, which is the reason why these two unconventionally conventional things go so brilliantly well together without dimming one another’s spark and individuality.
The leather-on-leather combination might seem a bit too much when you think about them. Still, surprisingly the combo has thrived because of the unconventionality like it is some sort of a challenge to pull the look right even when everything about it seems wrong but so enticingly fascinating that you cannot help but think about trying the look or have tried already.
Leather-on-leather or leather skirt with a leather jacket, this combo is not something new. In fact, it has been a tried and tested formula that has been popular among the masses and has been chosen by people from all walks of life.
In this blog, you will read about all the things that make the combo so vogue and how to ace it differently.
All the Reasons why a Leather Skirt with a Leather Jacket Works so Well
Ever wondered why you love your leather skirt leather jacket pairing so much? Or has it always been a subconscious decision for you to pair your leather skirt and a leather skirt together without any reasoning? Do not worry, either way; we have an answer for you - here is the reason why you probably for it and love it too.
- Guts and Glory - As they say: no guts, no glory - leather skirt with a leather jacket is that one unconventional pairing that needs guts to pull it off savagely, but glory is yours once you do it. There is no wrong and right way to do this combination, but to do it however you deem fit and being comfortable in it is what makes it all the more fabulous. Wearing a leather skirt with a leather jacket shows just that with that added spice.
- Because it Screams the 80s - A leather skirt with a leather jacket screams the 80s, and who does not have a fascination with the 80s fashion or everything 80s? The 80s was the time when fashion was at its all-time peak, and new trends were burgeoning. Leather skirts were widely popular in that era and to add a more badass vibe it was often paired with a leather jacket.
- Retro Vibes - A leather skirt with a leather jacket adds a retro vibe to your whole look, and we know that you totally love retro vibes; we do too. The leather carries the air of ancientness, and when you create an entire ensemble centered around leather, you feel like someone from the retro era or at least someone having a semblance with it.
- Aesthetic Appeal - A leather skirt with a leather jacket has an aesthetic appeal and aura. Darker shades of the leather give a whole look an enigmatic air, something that makes it brilliantly aesthetic, which is why you and we prefer it.
- The Combination is Intimidating - Leather is intimidating, and without a doubt, everyone loves to add a bit of an edge to their style and flaunt it too. From “sugar, spice and everything nice” to bold, badass and beautiful, a leather skirt with a leather jacket combo does just that for you.
- Bad Girl Aura - A leather skirt with a leather jacket adds more volume to your bad girl aura. If you want to change your whole good girl vibe and add a bit of an edge to it, consider this look and see that it works every time.
- Cool Kid Ensemble - A leather jacket with a leather skirt combination is a go-to ensemble for everyone. We highly recommend a leather skirt with a leather jacket combo if you have run out of options and in case you have never opted for it yet.
- Dark Academia Aesthetic - Dark academia is all about dark tones, thick material outfits, maple leaves and biting chills. Long leather skirts with long leather coats/ have often been paired to get that look. Darker shades of leather skirts and leather jackets are opted for when you go for the dark academia aesthetic.
Apart from all these reasons, no reason is also a good reason to go for this leather-on-leather or leather skirt with a leather jacket look. Sometimes a trend thrives for no other reason in particular other than being unconventional yet somehow fitting. Like all the different fashion trends, this trend thrives on its collective reliability, a narrative that all leather lovers create—something which is being followed like a divine doctrine.
How to Style a Leather Skirt with a Leather jacket
Here is a list of all the ways you can style a leather jacket with a leather skirt and the look an epic hit.
- Leather Pleated Skirt with a Plaid Shirt and a Leather Jacket - If you want something dark but modest and enigmatic, opt for a long leather skirt with pleats and pair it with a plaid buttoned shirt and a long but sleek leather jacket. This look is a tried and tested formula and assures your guaranteed leather-on-leather look success.
Tip: to add more to the aura of this look, wear a suede leather muffler or a scarf and see how brilliantly it works. For footwear, go for a sneaker - in plain white color or the black one if you want to maintain the theme.
- Pleated Mini Skirt with a Mini leather jacket - To create that perfect cool kid, college fashionista looks, pair your mini leather skirt with a mini leather jacket ( also known as bolero) and a colorful t-shirt. This look has that perfect balanced appeal because it is neither too rugged nor too plain, and the bright factors give it a cutesy char
Tip: pair colorful plaid or striped socks with equally bright earth shoes - this will add more vibrance to the look and add a funky quotient.
- Fringed leather skirt with a crop-top and a studded leather jacket - A fringed leather skirt is party apparel while a studded leather jacket is still that much-needed factor to make a party look go wild. Pair your fringed leather skirt with a crop-top and studded leather and revel in all the limelight.
Tip: wear hoop earrings to compliment the studded leather jacket, and wear heels to accentuate your posture.
- Do the Cliched Black skirt and Black Jacket Thing - A black leather skirt with a black leather jacket is an old but vogue formula, and it never seems to go out of fashion because of its iconic image. From famous pop stars to Hollywood fashionistas, this look has been donned by women in all eras, and you should definitely do too.
Tip#1: you can do this look with the studded leather jacket to add an edge to it, but a plain leather jacket works well rather amazingly.
Tip#2: wear long boots with studs and a zipper closure to ace the look to its fullest.
- Leather Skirt with leggings and a Leather Jacket - Wear a midi leather skirt with leggings and don a baggy, long-sleeved leather jacket to get a cozy leather-ish look.
Tip: keep this minimalist and straightforward as it contains many engaging elements with the baggy leather jacket and leather pairing.
Pick one of these leather looks, channelize your inner “leather skirt on a leather jacket” inspiration and master the look with our tips and recommendations.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *