A studded leather jacket: All you need to know
Studded leather jackets have a rich history, dating back to the 1970s, the punk fashion era, a time when punk was considered a mainstream culture, which was often endorsed through the unique and rebellious fashion trends - studded leather jackets were considered to be their contemporary apparel because of their intimidating and loud appearance, one that screams ‘attention” like no other and has this unapologetically badass aura. A leather jacket has to be the most versatile piece of clothing, which has been dubbed into many iconic fashion trends, styles and statements. The studded leather jacket soared to popularity among them when its use became rampant as the retro and punk fashion trends gave it a center stage. Here is all that you need to know about the most loved and idolized piece of clothing.
What studded mean in a leather jacket?
Studs are the ornamental detailing in a leather jacket, added to extra appeal and flair to its appearance. The studs could come in varying different forms, sizes and colors, inheriting various appearance factors. A stud could be directly attached to a leather jacket, or it could be included in its adornment through other strings, such as belts, which would enhance the appeal of the studs further, giving it a legit retro vibe.
Why wear a studded leather jacket?
Well, a counter-question would be: why not? Studded leather jackets are attractive, and they have the power to stand out and bask in the limelight. Studded leather jackets come in different styles, and you get more room to incorporate your personal touch and customize them.
Studded jackets are stylish:
There is no doubt that studded jackets are stylish and have more scope when it comes to the possibilities of designing them. Often used as a glamorized tool, a studded jacket can be used as a piece of great party equipment and could be worn repeatedly because of its distinctive quality to stand out separately let shine.
From mild to wild, studs can be in different forms and types, and every version of the studded jacket can provide scope to add a distinct and diverse flavor to every look.
How to Choose a Studded Leather Jacket?
Studded jackets can come in diverse styles, and not every studded jacket is for everyone. So here is how you should choose your studded jacket.
- Comfort - everything else aside, comfort should be your first priority, and if it does not the comfort quotient for you, then it is not yours to take home. To check that, you must see if the adornment or studs are in any way grazing your skin or proving to be challenging to carry.
- If the studs are in sync with the jacket’s structure - it can be pretty unpleasant if the jacket is not well structured and the studs are not in accordance with the outlook of the jacket.
- Choose your type - studs come in all the different styles - from decent, moderate to an exceeding amount. Do not hesitate and go for the one that fits your taste. Apart from that, you need to decide whether you want to go for a studded bomber leather jacket, a studded biker leather jacket or an avatar one - all these factors should be given the need, thought, and consideration choosing your best option.
- Size - Size is the key to wearing every leather jacket to its fullest capacity. Don’t be just too eager, and make sure you are going for the right fit that goes perfectly well with your figure.
Tips on Wearing a Studded Leather Jacket
- There is no right or wrong way to don a studded leather jacket. Just follow your heart and wear it the way you want to wear it. But just in case you want some assistance:
- Studded leather jacket with studded leather pants go exceptionally, and it creates that organic and natural retro vibe. So pair your studded leather jacket with studded leather pants and see the magic unfold.
- A studded leather jacket is showy apparel and can be a bit intimidating and overwhelming during certain occasions, so if you are one of those people who do not like parting with their leather jacket and want to wear the jacket to every occasion, you should be pairing it with minimalist outfits to balance out the whole vibe of the outfit.
- Thirdly, there is no middle road while donning a studded leather jacket. So either you go all out and experiment, or stay back and proceed with caution. Choose wisely, for a leather jacket is life long companion, and you would not want to regret the choice each day.
- Lastly, wear a studded leather jacket with either full zippered closure or keep it entirely open. Again, there is no middle ground when are talking about a studded jacket’s zipper closure.
Conclusion: Like every other jacket, a studded jacket provides warmth in cold winter, protection from grazing and scratches and is water-resistant.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *